Sunday, April 10, 2011

Progressive Soup

At the beginning of the year, I created a list of things I would like to accomplish by the end of 2011. We're four and a half months into the year, so I thought a bit of a progression snapshot was called for.

We will use a numbered scale of 1-5, 1 being "not there yet", and 5 being "victory is mine":

[1] Get wisdom teeth pulled
[5] Feel safe driving above 20mph
[3] Drive to and from work [Drove all the way to work for the first time today!]
[1] Drive outside of town
[1] Take driver's test
[1] Gain more physical flexibility
[4] Paint my room
[1] Throw another awesome dinner party
[2] Move past the telephone anxiety thing [Karaoke experiment has reduced anxiety by 5%]
[2] Find a job that pays the bills AND leaves a little extra for the fun stuff [getting interviews]
[1] Start and finish a collage triptych
[1] Pay Rebecca back
[1] Subscribe to Pandora One
[1] Gain greater vocal range
[5] Sing at a karaoke night [Twice now! Two songs each time!]
[2] Learn to use the black keys on the piano
[1] Be less oblivious when attractive strangers ask me out
[1] Prevent spider veins from becoming scary varicose kind
[2] Learn to successfully take power naps
[-1] Spend less time on the internets
[1] Read through the Photoshop Elements textbook
[1] Acquire upper arm strength
[2.5] Get room organized for better art production
[1] Accumulate enough art for a gallery showing in 2012
[1] Learn a few things in sign language
[2.5] Eat less bad sugars
[3] Move up to withstanding 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in my tea

...I guess for being a frequent victim of the lack of enthusiasm and energy that accompanies my seasonal depression, this is decent progress.

Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment